The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience and will be responsible for preparing tax returns, interacting with clients and ensuring the completion of all engagements for clients in various industries.
- Intermediate to advanced level tax preparation skills
- Demonstrates thorough technical knowledge of accounting standards and reporting standards in researching, completing and reviewing technical areas.
- Addresses questions on advanced technical accounting matters from team members and upper level client management
- Advanced technical knowledge of accounting standards and reporting standards in researching, completing and reviewing technical areas.
- Performs a detailed review of team’s workflow and monitors that tasks are assigned and completed on a timely basis
- Manages multiple assignments inside an engagement
- Communicates with Partner, Manager and/or Supervising Senior on work status and client issues that arise
- Advanced knowledge of applicable accounting software (e.g. ProSystem Tax, Engagement, etc.)
- Participates in planning and execution of client engagement in collaboration with the Manager and/or Partner on the job
- Identifies opportunities to leverage staff including designing staffing structure of engagement
- Ability to lead small to medium sized engagements with finalized document and report requiring minimal change upon review
- Supervise, train and mentor lower level tax staff
- Participate in professional development initiatives
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities, including staff training courses
- Bachelors of Accounting required
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- CPA completed or working towards CPA preferred
- Takes a lead role in client and team meetings and contributes new ideas and strategic initiatives
- Stays current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on their client engagements
- Advanced knowledge of a minimum of 1-2 industry areas which the firm services
Since 1924, Friedman LLP has been much more than an accounting and consulting firm. We offer tax, accounting, auditing, forensic and management advisory services to publicly/privately held companies and individuals. Our acces
sibility, personal commitment, entrepreneurial spirit and specialized expertise exemplify the qualities of our client service. We’ve become our clients’ trusted business partner while preserving the team-environment that has helped us prosper.