Are you a creative, strategic thinker and problem solver who likes solving complex state tax issues?
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Portland’s oldest and largest regional accounting firms. We are a group of CPAs who are committed to our clients and to each other and we take an individual approach to your career development.
Geffen Mesher is looking for a Tax senior to support and grow our State and Local tax group. This role is responsible for delivering a full range of tax planning, consulting and compliance services to clients, while working closely with staff on all phases on project and engagement management for multiple clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Candidates typically have two to four years of progressive State and Local Tax compliance and or tax/consulting experience, in addition to the following:
· Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in State Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues and not specialize in one particular area.
· Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns.
· Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns – including corporate and pass-throughs
· Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
· Extensive technical skills, including ASC 740, nexus considerations, unitary filing, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, tax research, compliance and consulting as it relates to multi-state jurisdictions.
· Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification(or in the process of obtaining)
· Excellent research and writing skills
Geffen Mesher offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, four weeks of paid time off per year, paid overtime, and very generous 401(K)/Profit Sharing contributions. We also offer paid parental leave, summer hour scheduling, a flexible work environment and Dress for Your Day dress code. We also serve busy season meals, breakfasts, host frequent in-house socials, have a killer kick ball team, and have a long history of active community involvement and volunteerism.
All of our employees are committed to our core values:
· Work with integrity and ethical values
· Communicate directly, openly and honestly
· Commit to long-term client and staff relationships
· Provide quality service
· Encourage continuous professional and personal growth
· Foster a fun and active environment
· Always be team-driven
· Be creative as well as innovative
· Exemplify a strong work ethic
Come be a part of our amazing team!